BAND REVEAL 2022 DATES ALONGSIDE PLEDGE TO MAKE
TOUR AS SUSTAINABLE AND LOW-CARBON AS POSSIBLE
SoFi Stadium April 26 goes on sale Friday, October 22 at
10 am local time via Ticketmaster.com
On the eve of their new album, Music Of The Spheres, Coldplay have today announced an accompanying global stadium tour in 2022.
The Music Of The Spheres World Tour begins on 18 March 2022 with the band’s first-ever show in Costa Rica, before traveling to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, USA, Germany, Poland, France, Belgium, and the UK.
Support for SoFi Stadium on April 26 comes from H.E.R. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, October 22 at 10 am local time via Ticketmaster.com.
To ensure tickets get into the hands of fans directly, the tour will also have a Verified Fan presale available for all U.S. dates. Registration for U.S. tour dates is available now HERE through Sunday, October 17th at 6pm PT/9pm ET via Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan program. Verified Fan presale begins Wednesday, October 20 at 10am local time through Thursday, October 21 at 10pm local time.
The band have already teased that more dates will follow soon.
SUSTAINABILITY PLAN ‘A WORK IN PROGRESS’
SHOW POWERED BY 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY
PLEDGE TO CUT TOUR EMISSIONS BY 50%
ONE TREE PLANTED FOR EVERY TICKET SOLD
In 2019, Coldplay committed to making their future tours as environmentally beneficial as possible, and today’s announcement is accompanied by a comprehensive set of sustainability initiatives and environmental commitments.
Full details can be seen at coldplay.com/sustainability, including commitments to:
- cut direct emissions by 50% compared to the band’s most recent tour (2016-17).
- power the show entirely by renewable, super-low emission energy – with solar installations at every venue, waste cooking oil, a kinetic stadium floor and kinetic bikes powered by fans. This power will be stored in the first ever mobile, rechargeable show battery (made from recyclable BMW i3 batteries).
- draw down significantly more CO2 than the tour produces with a range of nature- and technology-based solutions, including planting one tree for every ticket sold.
- provide each venue with a sustainability rider requesting best environmental practices.
- encourage fans to use low carbon transport to and from shows via the official tour app built by SAP, rewarding those who do with a discount at venues.
- ensure all merchandise is sustainably and ethically sourced.
- offer free drinking water and strive to eliminate plastic bottles at every venue.
- put 10% of all earnings into a fund for environmental and socially-conscious causes, including ClientEarth, One Tree Planted and The Ocean Cleanup.
- establish a partnership with climate change experts at Imperial College London’s Grantham Institute – Climate Change and the Environment to quantify the impact of the tour – both positively and negatively – on the environment
“Playing live and finding connection with people is ultimately why we exist as a band. We’ve been planning this tour for years, and we’re super excited to play songs from across our whole time together.
At the same time, we’re very conscious that the planet is facing a climate crisis. So we’ve spent the last two years consulting with environmental experts to make this tour as sustainable as possible, and, just as importantly, to harness the tour’s potential to push things forward. We won’t get everything right, but we’re committed to doing everything we can and sharing what we learn. It’s a work in progress and we’re really grateful for the help we’ve had so far.
If you’d like to come to a show and sing with us, we’re so excited to see you.”
Back to Newsroom