SoFi Stadium Sustainability Statement and Priorities
As the steward of Hollywood Park, SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park Management is committed to sustainable operations and management across its 298 acres and becoming a leader in environmental, social, and economic responsibility. With the following areas of focus, Hollywood Park strives to be a leader for sports and entertainment venues in the world. Hollywood Park Management Company will review and revise this document on an annual basis to further improve the operation and management of the SoFi Stadium Sustainability Program.
Waste Management and Landfill Diversion
- Responsible material and food service sourcing to support waste management goals.
- Maximize diversion of materials from the landfill through recycling, composting, food waste biodigestion, reuse, and donations.
- Food recovery and donation programs.
- Guest and staff engagement to educate and assist in proper disposal of materials.
- Continue to abide by the Hollywood Park Specific Plan: Stadium Alternative Mitigaon Measures for proper disposal and recycling of construction and demolition waste.
Carbon Impact and Transportation
- Alternave transportation incentives and programs:
- Communication of public transportation options (Inglewood Park and Ride, LA Metro and Gardena Transit), Electric shuttles, EV charging stations, bike valet
- Establish and track carbon footprint of venue operation (and additional scope if desired)
- KPI tracking related to Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon emissions
- Establish Sustainable Purchasing Policy with a method to track adherence.
- Policy to have guidance on:
- Compostable and recyclable serviceware
- MBE/DBE/WBE companies
- LEED guidelines including ongoing consumables and durable goods
- F&B criteria with guidance on
- local (80% within 250 miles)
- healthy (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free options)
- sustainably sourced food products
- Promotional giveaway items (local, made in USA, not plastic)
- Janitorial and sanitation supplies
- Reduce or eliminate VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and air pollutants (particulate matter).
Engagement and Outreach
- Fans: interactive onsite storytelling/fan awareness
- Community: community garden, sustainability education for local schools, good neighbor programs, community clean ups, tours
- Staff and Contractors: Onboarding, Sustainability Committee, integrated into yearly evaluations
- Communications: website, tickets, programs, signage
- Sponsors and Partnerships: sustainability themed activations and events
Resource Efficiency: Energy and Water Management
- Building management systems: Efficient lighting fixtures and controls; heating and cooling systems; variable speed fans and escalators; air distribution systems.
- Low flow fixtures, water capture and reclamation systems for irrigation, landscaping, stormwater management via the lake, etc.
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) management
Transparency and Credibility
- Sustainable Event Management System with adherence to ISO 20121 and LEED criteria
- Annual reporting methodology
Active Community Member
- Provide quality employment for local community members.
- Promote and provide opportunities to boost prosperity of businesses local to the city of Inglewood.